How to setup webmail to go directly to Horde, SquirrelMail or RoundCube?
It can be annoying to login first to webmail, then choose a programm ie horde, round cube or squirral mail. One would like to save time to go direct to these. This article explains how to do it.
- Login to the webmail using your-domain.com/webmail using email address as username and password related to the that email address.
- Once you have logged into webmail, click on the webmail program of your choice.
- Copy the url in your address bar. It will look something like:
Replace your-domain.com with your actual domain name in the above examples.
You have 3 options to use the above urls:-
- Bookmark the deisred of the urls above and use it for future login to your webmail.
- Setup a button on your website and link the button to the desired webmail url (one of the above of your choice).
- In cPanel, setup a subdomain e.g. companymail.your-domain.com (you can do this by clicking on the "subdomains" icon in cPanel). Do NOT use mail.your-domain.com as this subdomain is already in use on the server. After you've setup the subdomain in your cPanel, setup a "redirect" for the subdomain (by clicking on the "subdomains" icon). You will need to setup the redirect so the subdomain goes to the URL of the webmail program of your choice.